SALE OF OFFENSIVE WEAPONS
In accordance with UK law we strictly adhere to guidelines laid out with regards the sale of knives.
With this in mind we do not sell knives to anyone under the age of 18 AND BY TICKING THE ACCEPTANCE BOX AT CHECKOUT ALL CUSTOMERS WISHING TO PURCHASE KNIVES WILL BE LEGALLY STATING THAT THEY ARE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE.
Basic laws on knives
It’s illegal to:
- sell a knife to anyone under 18, unless it has a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less
- carry a knife in public without good reason, unless it has a folding blade with a cutting edge 3 inches long or less
- carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife
- use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife)
Good reasons for carrying a knife or weapon
Examples of good reasons to carry a knife or weapon in public can include:
- taking knives you use at work to and from work
- taking it to a gallery or museum to be exhibited
- if it’ll be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes, for example the kirpan some Sikhs carry
- if it’ll be used in a demonstration or to teach someone how to use it
A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife or a weapon if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.