Niwaki - Pro Snips
Hand forged in Hyogo, from S58C carbon steel, with a solid, chunky catch at the bottom. The moulded handles fit snuggly into the palm and the robust spring makes for easy and effortless work.
Perfect for detailed pruning and precision cuts of both indoor and outdoor plants.
- 202 x 50 x 18mm
- 60mm blades
- S58C Carbon Steel
- Made in Japan
- Includes Spare Spring
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material (even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges)
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to our maximum cut dimensions, and don’t overdo it (shears are not loppers)
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
Niwaki was born from a fascination and admiration for Japanese design and functionality. From one man's visit to Japan in the 90's sprang a desire to learn more about the beautiful gardens and trees and how they are cared for. After meeting his wife and many visits later his brother in law sent a few tools over from Japan for his own use. After much admiration from fellow gardeners and landscapers a business was born!
- We offset the carbon created by our business